2017 Sports Capital Programme process now open
Clubs are reminded that the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Shane Ross TD, and the Minister of State for Tourism and Sport, Patrick O’Donovan TD, have confirmed that the 2017 Sports Capital Programme will be open for applications on January 23.
Applications are being sought from sports clubs, voluntary and community groups, national governing bodies of sport and local authorities. Third level colleges, Education and Training Boards and schools may only apply for funding jointly with sports clubs.
Since 2014, 230 clubs and leagues around the country received €11,738,167 in funding for numerous projects. Amongst the projects funded in 2015 were the AUL (€160k), Athlone Town (€200k), Salthill Devon (€20k) and North Tipperary Schoolchildren’s League (€200k).
What you can apply for:
• Natural grass sports pitches, tracks and courts (including pitch drainage)
• Artificial sports pitches, tracks, courts and multi-use games areas
• Security fencing, ball stop netting and goal posts
• Building or refurbishment of dressing rooms, showers and toilets
• Building or refurbishment of sports halls and gyms
• Modifications to sports facilities to improve access for people with disabilities
• Non-personal sports equipment including gym equipment, lawn mowers and defibrillators. Anything set in the ground (such as goal posts) is not considered equipment
• Any other capital projects that are clearly sporting in nature and that will increase participation in sport or improve performance
Applications can be made from Monday, January 23, at sportscapitalprogramme.ie
The deadline for registration is 5pm on Friday, February 10, 2017. If your organisation is not registered on OSCAR (Online Sports Capital Register) by 5pm on February 10, 2017, you will not be able to make an application. If your organisation has already registered, you do not need to register again.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday, February 24, 2017.The online system will be shut down at this time and no late or partial applications will be accepted.
For details on how to register or apply for the 2017 Sports Capital Programme please go to sportscapitalprogramme.ie