IT Carlow Football Degree ‘TRAIN – PLAY – COACH – STUDY’ : https://www.itcarlow.ie/cw827.htm
Applications Close *** May 1st (5pm)***
ALL Applications via www.cao.ie
Level 7 (3 Years) – CW827
Level 8 (4 Years) – CW858
IT Carlow have made some exciting additions to the Football programme over the last 12 months (see below) we want to cater for and support our students in their playing exploits, academic studies and future careers in coaching, development, analysis, S&C and business.
- SETU – Currently in the National Media as of May 1st IT Carlow will be no longer and we’ll become South East Technological University ‘SETU’ merging with Waterford IT.
- NEW 15millions South Sports Campus (x2 grass pitches, x1 all-weather pitch, running track, conference room, analysis room and dressing room pavillion).
- REFIT Analysis Department with state-of-the-art software – HUDL, NAC, Game breaker, Sports Code and Wyscout.
- NEW 12 Week Work Placement Module introduced in Year 3 with numerous overseas opp’s available.
- NEW Specialist Elective Study Routes from Year 2 of the degree onwards in S&C, Business, Coaching and Performance Analysis.
- NEW S&C Masters pathway into Setanta College following the completion of the 3 year degree. (x3 students availing of this in Sept)
- Masters Options in S&C, Performance Analysis, Teaching and Learning and Business in IT Carlow with reduced fees for Football Degree graduates.
- NEW USA Pathways Student can now complete our 2-year Diploma or 3-year degree (and if selected) progress for another 2 years in the USA, our first students on this programme head for the USA in August. We believe this is a big addition, allowing students to progress to the USA at 21 or 22 as opposed to 18 or 19 and with a level 7 degree already secured.
- FT Physio our students now have access to the physio department on site, Monday to Friday, with a designated physio graduate looking after the Football students with treatment and rehab programmes. (all free of charge)
- NEW Elite Level Scholarships have been added alongside a designated PFAI scholarship for postgraduate study.
- Recovery Support students who want and need extra support with recovery can attend extra sessions for Pre-Training or Recovery Massage – Monday to Thursday from 5-7pm and Tuesday and Thursday 7am – 9am onsite. (free of charge)
- Nutrition – students who need/ want extra support can get bodyfats/ skinfolds checked and attend mini group or 1-1 nutrition support. (free of charge)
- Speed School – students wanting to improve speed technique/mechanics, can work with Athletics coach Shane Aston on-site (1 extra early morning session per week). (free of charge)
- ‘Making the Move’ – via alumni connections in Canada, USA, NZ and Australia there’s now a strong network of IT Carlow alumni offering graduate jobs, and through a programme called ‘Making the Move’ we have course alumni around the world acting as mentors and providing guidance to our current crop considering a move abroad.
- NEW Promotional Video Series on FAI TV https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUSYExIphebYkBigdRDX6NvE7cb2c1y-S
There are some great options in Third Level (University) across Ireland and abroad for young players and coaches right now, this is a great thing, and long may it continue. We want to see the Football degree programme in IT Carlow continue to develop and progress over the next few years, the new merger with Waterford IT and the creation of ‘SETU’ brings with it many opportunities but the very core ingredient of running a successful course is in the students we recruit – over the years the FAI staff network across all Departments have been vital in this recruitment – your support is very much appreciated. Thank You.
Feel Free to share this email, the below video and webpage or any of the social media links below with your contacts or persons of interest.