Senior Intro Course- Introduction to Coaching
Aim: To introduce coaches/managers to their role in coaching adult players (17 years plus) and to assist them to prepare, plan and implement functional practices and conditioned games for the 11 aside game.
To provide coaches with the ability to:
– Identify and develop coaching skills for the adult game
– Communicate, relate with and motivate the current Senior Grassroots Adult player
– Introduce warm-ups, basic soccer specific conditioning and technical and tactical functional practices
– Apply appropriate training/coaching methods to progress players from the small sided game to the 11 aside game
– Identify and apply principles of play in attack, defense and set pieces
Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years old
18 contact hours. There are practical aspects of the course, therefore participants should be willing to take part in activity where possible
No formal assessment required. Full attendance is compulsory to gain certification
€75 per person
Interested parties should reply to Chris Hand with names of interested candidates. A minimum of 20 participants is required for course to run.
FAI Development Officer for Laois
Laois County Coucil
Aras an Chontae